Connect with us

World

T20 World Cup: Getting England out in Australia’s best interest – Josh Hazlewood

Published

on

Australia have won all three of their matches at the tournament, including a 36-run win over England, and took just 34 balls to knock off the runs after bowling Namibia out for 72 on Tuesday.

However, they might not be in so much of a rush against Scotland if there is the opportunity to send England home early.

“Not too sure really, whether you get close and just knock it around and drag it out,” Hazlewood said of how Australia might try to thwart England.

“There’s a few options there, but to take confidence from winning and winning well, I think that’s almost more important than potentially trying to knock someone else out.

“They’ve still got a lot to do on their behalf as well, so I think it’ll become clearer the closer we get to that sort of stuff.”

With qualification secured and a busier schedule come the Super 8s, Australia may also opt to rest players against Scotland.

“It’s up to the coaches, the captain and the selectors,” added Hazlewood.

“The guys have been playing IPL [Indian Premier League], so potentially one or two of those might have a rest but it hasn’t been a gruelling schedule.

“A game every three or four days isn’t too tough in T20 cricket.

“We’ve still got one game left but I guess we can ease off a little bit over the next few days and freshen up when the Super 8s is quite taxing.”

Continue Reading